St Patrick’s Church

st patricks

St Patrick's Catholic Church

In 1806, a vast land grant was awarded to a Walter Davidson who named his property “Manangle”. This grant was later incorporated into the larger Macarthur Estate and became a private village to house the workers from the Camden Park properties. In 1887 a catholic priest came to reside in Menangle, and in 1895 the current St Patrick’s building was erected. Built to a design by R. T. Dennehy of Sydney, it is now listed with the NSW Heritage Branch as a socially significant building. St Patrick’s conducts Mass on the first Sunday of every month at 6pm.